After a long and hard journey -- over two years, in fact -- release day has come! Bonds of Fenris is now available for sale at Amazon and Smashwords. It will be available at other outlets, including B&N, Kobo, and Apple's iBookstore, as soon as Smashwords gets their act together. An author, especially a new one, always worries that his work isn't good enough. But the response at Goodreads has been overwhelmingly positive, with most readers voting the book four out of five stars.
There's been a huge outpouring of reviews over the past week:
- Reading for Penguins (who actually published their review late last week, but I missed it) praised the book for its depth and psychological plotline.
- Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy enjoyed the unique take of the werewolf mythos.
- Between Dreams and Reality calls it a "beautiful little story." Aww, thanks!
- Ladybug Storytime offers a positive opinion which notes the characters and writing as high points.
- A Written Rhapsody holds the writing in very high regard.
- Celticlady's Reviews unfortunately couldn't fit me into her TBR list, but did offer an author spotlight and her support. Thanks, friend!
- Primrose Musings gave a thumbs up to the book's realism.
- Redheaded Bookworm called it "insightful, deep, and educational"
- The Wolf's Den offers an extremely detailed review, citing some flaws but with an overall positive opinion.
- Stories of my Life applauds the book's originality and unique take on the werewolf mythos.
- Singing and Reading in the Rain finds the story to be very human and relatable.
- Carabosse's Library (whose author has one of the best avatars on the internet) was captivated by the layers and depth in the plot.
- Nocturnal Book Reviews calls it grounded and thought-provoking.
Whew, that's a lot! Anyone who I missed, just drop an e-mail and I'll correct that oversight next week. And thank you, everyone! I'm glad I can entertain you, and hope to continue to do so in the future.